Pages

Monday 27 April 2020

Maps on Monday


Too cloudy to see any shooting stars, but maybe next time.





As the growing season really feels like it is starting to get off the ground I am trying to finalise some kind of working plan...which I do with a map.





I love maps and artwork inspired by maps, some images I have collected over the years for inspiration.


 




a favourite image combining
geometry natural forms and light. By Rirkrit Tiravanijac.1999


Map above and plant drawings below.




Once things get back to normal screen printing would be the medium I would be using to print any maps or map inspired works, with potentially a look back at the history of maps printed on fabric like the ones in the Silk Museum in Macclesfield just down the road.






Commercial printing still goes on in the Macclesfield area



From functional maps printed on silk during WWII to luxury band Hermes






No comments:

Post a Comment