Pages

Monday 20 April 2020

Eggs At Easter

A festival of mixed up myth and counter myth...
Hope every one had a pleasant Easter break, I was certainly spoiled for good weather and the allotment is basking in sunshine.

I am always fascinated by the history of our cultural festivals, this was a good looking blog post I found about the history of the easter festival form a pre Christian perspective.

Into the woods

But current thinking takes some of the romanticism out of these connections as there is little historical evidence according to this article in the Guardian, oh well!

Modern myth of the Easter Bunny

None of my own experiments today but I have been collecting seasonal ideas and will definitely be utilising some of these techniques in the future.

Like so many printing techniques, many processes take time for preparation and take time to execute, but some really interesting ideas here;












Another printmaker called Emily Harvey has detailed her own experiments with this idea using egg shell as a mark making tool for building up texture on plates or print blocks.


 I am now starting to save my onion skins!

I have been actually gardening, with the odd tea break, so look forward to more print experiments!








No comments:

Post a Comment