Pages

Monday 14 November 2011

Day 14

I recently did some artwork to accompany an album launch of a life long friend. Dan Whitehouse recently launched his self titled début album at the Glee Club in Birmingham. At the start of the summer he had sent me the album in it's very near finished state and asked if there was anything I wanted to respond to. Having started to work collaboratively with Manchester Cloth I have been interested in different ways of working and the album was definitely inspiring. Ideas bubbled away over the summer while I worked on my Sails collection, I had the vague idea of using the album to inspire a book as I wanted to do some bookmaking, however the scale of this idea was beyond me so I focused on the song I felt most affected/inspired by and this is the result.
The book is actually constructed as a concertina but this was an attempt to make the pages work as a more compact panel.
My Heart Doesn't Age (It Just gets Older)
I understand the single is to be launched soon so check out Dan's website and have a listen http://www.dan-whitehouse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment