Pages

Wednesday 8 April 2020

"Growing Moon" Mandala

April's full moon is sometimes called the Growing moon, the start of spring in the northern hemisphere. It was at it's fullest around 3.30 am Wednesday, so I was out moon chasing Tuesday night and this evening, to get as much moonlight as I could. Both evenings were clear, some haziness on Tuesday for atmosphere, and on Wednesday I was surprised, as always by the size of the moon as it climbs over the horizon. It's so unexpectedly large and bright even when expecting it!




I was at the allotment for the last bit of sunshine, admired the sunset as I went over a flower bed and then wandered searching for the moon on the horizon, underestimating when it would rise compared to yesterday evening.


coffee in a spritz bottle
earring as a centrepiece


Mandala of dandelion, buttercup leaves and small pink flowers!

love the long shadows

Coffee spritzed over the leaves


design once dried
This is a stencil at its most basic, acting as a mask, providing a silhouette. Organic silhouettes and shadows are one of the things I return to often in my work. Inspired by one of my favourite books.

Victor I. Stoichita, Professor of the History of Modern and Contemporary Art at the University of Fribourg, Switzerland.

The book provides a history of art using the shadow as a defining motif.

Pause, Reflect, Reset.

No comments:

Post a Comment