Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Coffee break

Break time...



One of my favourite times at the allotment is break time, feasting outdoors always heightens my enjoyment, plus if you have earned a break its great to feel smug.


Photos of coffee and tea dregs, reflections on ceramic and enamel.



















Much of this stuff is coffee based but there is always time for tea...













After making some 'mug rings' of my own I also played around with the negative, brushed a wash of coffee onto cartridge paper, let that dry and and then make water marks back into the coffee. A ceramic cup leaves a lot of water, you can blot this carefully with tissue or use a pipette (I have lots as I like drawing with them) or if you can find a paper cup that will leave less water behind as it absorbs some.




slimmer lines done with paper cup


While the water is still damp it makes the paper translucent in this next photo the sketchbook page is backlit. All good potential backgrounds or mark making ideas.




Below is a tray designed by InDetail Interiors



No comments:

Post a Comment