Pages

Tuesday 31 March 2020

Monday is a Mint day

Haha!
I feel so funny to post stuff like this here but, got to start somewhere, lots of the creatives I follow online post video content so this is just me trying the idea out!

So my allotment...

This top bed is going to be flowers and herbs, I hope to start some herb cuttings to transport over to college when we all start back to start a college herb garden. A recent college trip to Barcelona included a visit to independent art school Metafora...
https://metafora-studio-arts.org/

Most of us were struck by the use of outdoor spaces and the communal feel of the studios...it would be nice to try and capture a small essence of this back at our college campus...lets see!

So... mint... gardening is supposed to be good to give you a sense of perspective - some things work out some don't, there are so many variables such as weather, pests and bugs etc. Last year one mint plant got infected with rust mould, but my pepper mint plant was great...will try and get cuttings of both started.

My other favourite herb at the moment is lemon balm, its great as a kind of tea substitute (- a tisane apparently!)
https://www.food.com/recipe/fresh-mint-and-melissa-lemon-balm-tea-tisane-infusion-479926

...onto activity of the day, I have a thing for circles at the moment so sat in the sun and made a variation on a daisy chain...I did some drawing from this and took some photographs.




Drawing inspired by Graham Southerland, an artist working around 1940's - 1960s (who's career was much longer but that is when my examples are from)...more on him later.

So this drawing is on some newspaper I brought back from Barcelona, the text broken up with some masking tape. It can be interesting working with found materials and making do with what you have, it can make you be inventive.






Keep making!
Mint!

No comments:

Post a Comment